2019 WNC Economic Bruncheon
Fri, Dec 6, 2019 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Asheville Masonic Temple
80 Broadway Street, Asheville, North Carolina 28801, United States
You're Invited to the 3rd Annual WNC Economic Bruncheon
Join 400 of WNC's top Female Leaders for the highly anticipated 2019 Economic Bruncheon, hosted by Emily Breedlove at the majestic Masonic Temple in downtown Asheville.
Showcasing some of Western North Carolina's most respected leaders, innovators, and changemakers, the event is devoted to presenting current economic trends and topics impacting women today. Ranging from thought-provoking TEDtalk-style keynotes to industry-challenging panel discussions, the material covered is always poignant, inspiring, and brutally honest. This year's theme is "Fierce Leadership" and our lineup of presenters aren't holding anything back!
- 8:00 - 9:00 Networking in the Noble Room with Mimosas & Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- 9:00 - 9:10 Move to the Masonic Theatre
- 9:10 - 9:15 Opening by Emily Breedlove
- 9:15 - 9:45 Owning Your Expertise: Reinventing Thought Leadership [Panel]
- 9:45 - 10:00 Fierce Leadership: Changing the Rules, Changing the Game [Keynote]
- 10:00 - 10:30 Shattered Ceilings: Higher Education Leaders of WNC [Panel]
- 10:30 - 10:45 2019 Leadership Awards
- 10:45 - 12:00 Brunch in the Main Hall, catered by Everyday Gourmet
Owning Your Expertise: Reinventing Thought Leadership
- Moderator: Vanessa Bell, Breedlove & Company
- Sarah Benoit, JB Media Institute
- Aisha Adams, Aisha Adams Media
- Sarah Poet, Embodied Breath
- Meghan O'Malley, Fierce Love Coaching
- Amber Victoria, Creative Chrysalis
Fierce Leadership: Changing the Rules, Changing the Game
Janet Cone, UNC Asheville Director of Athletics
Janet R. Cone, who has served as UNC Asheville's Director of Athletics since 2004, is the only woman currently serving on the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Committee that selects and seeds the teams for March Madness. She was one of just 28 Directors of Athletics to be named as an Under Armour AD of the Year in 2013 by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics.
Shattered Ceilings: Higher Education Leaders of WNC
- Moderator: Dannie Frey, Breedlove & Company
- Dr. Kelli Brown, Chancellor of WCU
- Dr. Lynn Morton, President of Warren Wilson College
- Dr. Nancy Cable, Chancellor of UNC Asheville
Recognizing the 2019 Leadership Awards
Dedicated and passionate women leaders are working tirelessly across Western North Carolina, to tackle some of the most pressing issues of our generation. They are often committed to impact over visibility, meaning that these ladies are often toiling away quietly within their circles, with little recognition of their hard work. The Economic Bruncheon Leadership Awards celebrate 18 women, in 6 categories, who are making significant strides in advancing and supporting the future of WNC. We are proud to tell their story and acknowledge their commitment to excellence.
The Six Categories are:
- Arts & Culture
The Economic Bruncheon is committed to convening female leaders around the topic of economic impact and empowerment for all women across WNC. To ensure that our conversation is a true reflection of our dynamic region, while fully embracing the role of equitable opportunity and impact of women, we are awarding 30 complimentary tickets to women of color. For women who desire to take advantage of this opportunity, please select the "Register Now" button, click on the Coupon Code Hyperlink, and enter ALLWNC
All attendees must be 21 years old to attend, due to the availability of alcoholic beverages.
Downtown Parking is available in surrounding lots and street parking. The Asheville Masonic Temple is fully handicap accessible, with elevators and ramps to access each of the major convening spaces. Seats are extremely limited, and this event always sells out. We encourage you to reserve your ticket quickly.
Sponsorships are available for women-owned businesses and organizations. Sponsor tables will be on display throughout the event, in the 3rd floor Noble Room. To discuss becoming a sponsor, contact Emily@BreedloveCompany.com